Sunday 22 January 2012

Biggest Bridal Stress Ever

You know what's awesome 3 months before getting married? Having your heart broken by the Venue letting you down.
Tallboy and I viewed our wedding venue last year at the end of winter and it was spectacular, the drive down the dusty red road through two lush green paddocks perfectly lined by leafless trees set up the romantic mood and set up the suspense for entering the estate. It was absolutely stunning and I was thrilled when TB and I found the venue, we were so excited.

We went there again today to show the inlaws to ensure that they too saw our vision. We drove down the red dusty road and on each side where the lush green grass paddocks which were envisioned to have the marquee and festival of love set up was dry dead crisp grass. The paddocks are not irrigated like I was lead to believe. The venue is well and truely effed. I had previously asked the lady last year to ensure that this wouldn't happen and she had said that it wouldnt be dried out, she said it was irrigated. She clearly was talking about the few meters of land around the hotel part of the estate. I am heart broken, absolutely heart broken.

So now I am trying to find a standard wedding venue, goodbye beautiful wedding editorial rustic wedding look wedding. Hello standard wedding. Worst case senario we just have to have it at the dead funeral look estate but I'm just devastated right now. I've been crying for hours.

Your wedding is supposed to be the best day of your life, it's supposed to be everything youve ever dreamed of and it's supposed to be beautiful. I just feel like this is yet another kick in the stomach for me, I've had a lot of shit in my life, you'd think i'd get a break.

This is the first time I feel like a real bridezilla but I don't think what I expected was uncalled for. I just want what was promised to me and I get fuck all. I'm going to go and cry again now.

No comments:

Post a Comment